Alpha 240XP hot water issue

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Having a problem with my hot water coming from my Alpha 240XP combi boiler. At times it works fine, no issues, but recently it has been providing hot water for about 1 minute, then going cold for ~30 secs / 1 min, then it normally heats backup again. Yesterday, it stayed cold for 5+ mins (at which point i just bit the bullet and had a cold shower). Radiators appear to be working fine, but this hot water problem happens without the heating being on. Does anyone have any advice on this, as my knowledge of boilers is less than minimal. Thanks, Andy

Sponsored Links
The first thing to check is that the diverter valve is operating reliably.

Do a few searches and you should find many posts advising you what to do.

Tony

I had a simular problem with my Alpha 240 eco combi boiler, it turned out to be the fan was a bit clogged which affected the air pressure switch . i'm not saying this is your problem but it might be something else to check :idea:

Sponsored Links
It will not be the plate blocked as he says sometime its works fine.

Its either the diverter valve demand switch dropping out or a gas/safety problem.

He can check the diverter valve but the other cause will need a competent gas engineer.

Tony

Check the operation ofn the pin that makes the microswitch for your hot water, and make sure the hot water diaphragm is intact.

Having a problem with my hot water coming from my Alpha 240XP combi boiler. At times it works fine, no issues, but recently it has been providing hot water for about 1 minute, then going cold for ~30 secs / 1 min, then it normally heats backup again. Thanks, Andy

I dont interpret it that way Dave!

It seems to me that sometimes it cycles and at other times it work fine.

See you tonight!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back