Alpha Boiler problems

wendiff said:
TO AGILE &/OR TONY:

Just as I posted a reply to the rest I saw your posting about the temperature whatever. Will check and see if its that also.

Thanks
Wendi

Wendi

dont bother if you cannot hear the pump doing anything then it isnt

you probably run it with air in it and killed it

sorry

Sponsored Links
wendiff said:
TO GAS4YOU
I think I filled and pressurised it OK as the pressure valve reads green when it was above green before the diverter change. By the "ch flow" do you mean the switch for heating and hot water otherwise I didn't turn anything else for ch off?

No the isolators under the boiler on the flow and return pipes ;)

Thanks corgiman,

I'm sure I ran it with air as I didn't know you had to run it with air or without. Anyway my next goal is change the pump, and I'll order it tonight BUT I'll be getting back to find how to fit and run it without air so I don't do it again. Otherwise anyone know of a professional who picks up on DIY disasters!

Wendi

Sponsored Links
Hi folks,

Good news is I hadn't filled the system properly and misunderstood the noises so pump is fortunately not EX and now fully functioning with no noises... and the pilot stays on.

From here this posting needed extensive changes from this morning as it was all rubbish thanks to my just receiving the manual from Paul. Thanks Paul. Now it is most definately HIP HIP HURRAH.

CH working - the timer must have got turned on during the work and as I never use it it never occurred to me. The manual was a dream, found prob in seconds and voila HW came on.

1) Only thing is that as prior to diverter change, when DHW turned on boiler fires up... few minutes lovely hot water (much hotter than before I must say)... then flame reduces a couple of minutes... then flame rises again... and ect. etc. until several cycles later boiler fires down a couple of minutes with no flame... then fires up again, and etc. etc. etc. Water temp variation only realy noticeable in bathroom where pressure is much lower. Is this normal?

3) Pressure appears staying on green now although there is an occasional lighe whistling sound down under when everythings off and an occasional moan if I up the mains pressure - will observe but doesn't appear serious and also probably normal?.

I reckon its fixed and should last a few months thanks to all of you, BUT, and there had to be one, next job, I have is finding the tiniest (got little space and it only needs to run 4 rads), simplest, quitest, ecologicalist (!?), combi for when I redo the place. Any ideas?

Thank you all everso everso much everyone, anything I can help any one with just ask... not plumbing please!

Wendi

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back