Alpha c35c boiler. Nest control (moved)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, I was recently given a nest control by my utilities provider. The "engineer" who came to do the installation said that because the boiler already has an alpha easy stat wireless control he could not fit the Nest. Is it possible to remove the existing wifi connector from the boiler and replace it with the Nest ? I am not suggesting this as a DIY project but querying whether it would be possible and/or worthwhile?

Sponsored Links
AFAIK it is possible. I am fairly sure that I have seen an Alpha 35C fitted with external controls. Although, manufacturers do change the designs from time to time so there could be more than one variant. However, the wiring diagrams in your boiler installation manual will show if external controls can be fitted.

I would guess that in your case, the Easy Stat receiver is probably an integral part of the boilers front panel. So, whilst it can be decommissioned it can be tricky, which may explain why the engineer that you referred to is reluctant to do it.

Whether it's worth it or not, depends on what you want to achieve. If you want better comfort or economy you probably won't notice much, if any difference, but if you want the additional remote control facility via WiFi (assuming of course that you don't have it already) or the aesthetic improvement the Nest offers, then it might be worth it to you.

Do you mean an Alpha CD35C boiler, if so then yes you can fit the nest

Sponsored Links
Many thanks. I think the only real advantage would be to use mobile to turn on system when away from home. The holiday mode on existing wireless thermostat allows to turn heating on at a particular time and date as required. So I don't think it is worth the hassle to control via the app. But again many thanks for taking the trouble to reply.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back