Alpha CB24 diverter Valve Removal

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All, ''Firstly'' i have a water leak directly at the Flow Switch,would renewing the Switch possibly stop leak.? If the answer is no to my 1st question, ''Secondly'' i have prepared ready to renew the Diverter Valve Complete. I Viewed a Video on this, ie undoing the 'four union nuts,' 'pulling the switch off' now at the point of prising Diverter out from the cold water inlet, i noticed the two very Small M3 Screws had been removed, and it looks to me that it can be removed by just removing one screw ie the one facing me. Can you please tell me if this correct.? I will be renewing the 'Diverter,' 'the inlet to diverter valve collar,' and the 'flow switch.'
i have studied thoroughly, just need answer to 1st Qestion Then 2nd Question... Thanking You All rob.
please look at images

Sponsored Links
Replacing the switch will not stop the leak and yes you will need to remove one of the screws, top one. That will be the tricky part if the screws are rusted.

You will need to bank on removing both screws as the top o-ring will almost certainly need renewing, big waste of time ignoring it.

Sponsored Links
Hi , Thanx for your reply, im going to renew the whole diverter plus the collar at manifold inlet, the part the two screws are situated to join collar to diverter valve. Thanking you rob

Hi nickso, Can you please tell me the sizes of the four union nut washers so i can order ready thxn again rob

The connections onto the plate h/e are 1/2" washers. The top and front connections on the diverter are 3/4" washers. the one on the left of the diverter is a larger size, maybe an inch. I use the washer from a Grundfos AO pump as its rubber and doesn't leak 10 minutes after you have fitted it unlike the washer Alpha supply.

Remember you will need the o-rings for the back plate connection and the bottom of the diverter. Get a few extra washers in 1/2 and 3/4 too, alphas love to leak from random places if even glanced at in the wrong manner. :LOL:

Hi Nickso, when you say o/ring for ''back plate'' does that mean where the Diverter Valve is unioned to the heat exchanger part,, thanx Rob

Yes, rear plate connection is a push fit. Only the alpha o-ring will fit though.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back