Alpha CB24X problem.....continued

dds

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Please check my posting yesterday 6th feb. its under the same heading as above. Already had a reply (thanks). But any more sugestions would be appreciated. previous reply sugested flow valve shaft? does anyone have a link to this assembly in "breakdown" of the valve? Thanks....
ps...there is a leak from a small hole in the valve directly below the electrical flow swith. Why is there a hole in this valve? why is it leaking there? frustration.....................

Sponsored Links
I took out the DHW switch and pressed in the switch a couple of times, wiped it and replaced it. The boiler started to work normally! for a few minutes...... is my problem inside the valve? Diaphragm...or the valve itself....or the shaft inside the valve? what do you think....cmon, an educated and experienced guess will do. At least now i dont think it could be the clock. Incidently, for those that have not seen my posts on the subject yesterday, the problem originated with the boiler switching itself on when the mecahanical clock was in the off position. Still doin it, but at least now its got to be somethin in the valve assembly. hasnt it ????? Can the boiler switch itself on if there is a problem with the valve?

I took out the flow switch cleaned and again replaced. Boiler has now been working ok. However the leak at the flow valve is still there. wht do you think is causing the leak? Its coming out of a hole in the valve directly below the flow switch. Do you think the diapragm could be needin replaced? when i take the flow valve apart is there anythin else i will need other than the diapragm? Thanks.....

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back