Alpha CD32 plus solarsmart package

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Alpha CD32 plus solarsmart package
I had this system installed in August 2006 and its really great - its saved a lot of money off my gas bills and the solar panel regularly heats the 90 litre tank up to between 55 and 65 deg C.
When the solar valve(wax) senses the tank temp at less than 60 deg C the boiler fires up - but during the summer you could use the water directly off the tank fed by the solar panel as you probaly only need 40-45 deg C for your showers and washing up - does anybody have any idea whether this could be done , say , like a summer setting mechanical or electrical , reasonably easily and cof course cheaply?

Sponsored Links
Oner thing to consider is legionella. Keeping your water a tepid temperatures without heating to over 60C will significantly increase your risk. I don't know anything about your system, but if you don't get any responses here, perhaps try the solar forum on the navitron website here

Most good solar contollers would include a weekly 'anti-legionnaire' setting.

This would tell the biler to heat the HW cylinder to at least 70 C to kill off any bugs present.

But then this is an Alpha. How about just turn the boiler off in the summer?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back