Altech Heating Pump

Reaction score
Country
Ireland
Hi

I have a Altech heating pump which is working fine only thing is it was set at C2 then there came a clicking noise from pipes.

I turned it down to C1 and the noise stopped. When I turn it up again I hear a fan like noise coming from pump and the clicking noise comes back.

Do you think the pump is kaput?

Thanks

Attachments

• DSC_1157.JPG
    DSC_1157.JPG
    150.4 KB · Views: 420
Sponsored Links
Could the clicking noise be the noise of pipes expanding as the pump finally manages to shift some hot water around the system?
Current wisdom is that the shaft of the circulating pump should be horizontal. It looks like you have enough room to rotate your pump 90 degrees and achieve this.
I don't think the pump is kaput just yet, but I do think it had stalled on setting C1, the extra torque from setting C2 restarted it.

The clicking noise remains when heating is off as well, so its not the shifting of water.

I don't want to move the pump as I might mess it up.

I have noticed the on C1 setting it doesn't heat the rads as well as on C2 setting.

Might have to get someone out to have a look.

The clicking noise remains when heating is off as well, so its not the shifting of water.

Are you sure? Some boilers run the pump for several minutes after the heating demand stops.
I don't want to move the pump as I might mess it up.

Quite wise to know your own limits.
I have noticed the on C1 setting it doesn't heat the rads as well as on C2 setting.

That's because you have a large house. More water (heat transfer fluid) movement is needed to shift more heat, and to achieve this a higher pump speed/output is required. Suggest that if you do get someone out to 'look at it' you ask if they can balance a heating system.

Sponsored Links
1. think that's what's happening pump keeps running

2. Plumbing and heating.not something to be messed with

3. Yes large house and heating needs balanced

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back