Altering a conservatory

• Thread starter Deleted member 307320
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 307320

My conservatory is absolute rubbish, cheap, nasty, badly built and 20 years old.

If I wanted to make it into a "garden room" (brick up one of the sides, add a couple of brick pillars and a tiled roof) would I need to involve BC?

I would be leaving the existing external door between the new room and the rest of the house...

Sponsored Links
A cheap conservatory is likely to have rubbish foundations incapable of taking the additional weight. You are better off taking it down and starting again properly.

Apart from the foundation issue, your tiled roof will scupper your plans for no building control, and you plan to have less glazed walls may too.

However, lots of people just do it.

Sponsored Links
My conservatory is absolute rubbish, cheap, nasty, badly built and 20 years old.

If I wanted to make it into a "garden room" (brick up one of the sides, add a couple of brick pillars and a tiled roof) would I need to involve BC?

I would be leaving the existing external door between the new room and the rest of the house...
As per Woods - what are the condition of the foundations, i.e. thickness, depth etc? That's your start point.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back