"Alternative" dodgy payment/favour??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All

I was out at a plumbing job yesterday, bath was leaking, as tap was old. Advised woman(mid 20's, nice looking) i needed to a new bath tap, min £40 and new connectors as pipework was very poor. Advised her i'd charge about £80 for work including parts. She said she was struggling financially and wouldnt be able to pay, but asked if i'd like to take payment in "other ways", she winked & smiled as she said this. It was obvious what she meant. I said i couldnt accept that and it was not right.

I then walked out and probs wont return to the house.

Has anyone else experienced anything like this, and how did you react? Did you accept the "payment"?

Sponsored Links
I don't see any problem with payment in kind, and have accepted more than once.
It is not my favourite way of doing things, but sometimes it is better to get something, than nothing at all. The downside is that it can cause agro if one of the parties gets second thoughts afterward.

I would have accepted a curry and pilua rice as alternative payment, but not anything sexual lol, i'd feel too guilty that i'd cheated on my missus!

Sponsored Links
I would have accepted a curry and pilua rice as alternative payment, but not anything sexual lol, i'd feel too guilty that i'd cheated on my missus!

Stating the obvious, I suppose it'd depend entirely on what she looked like.

hmmmmm mid 20's and attractive let me think..............

I do have to say that I would be deeply suspicious of any customer who offered a "payment" like that because of the likelyhood of giving you more than you had bargained for !!!

In any case I see it as more likely to be a do the job first and then I have chaned my mind or did not mean that and have no money to pay. In other words you would probably never get the "payment" which you expected.

Either get the payment first or at least get a reference from the milkman!

Tony

I would have accepted a curry and pilua rice as alternative payment,

Would you consider doing subcontracting for me?

but not anything sexual lol, i'd feel too guilty that i'd cheated on my missus!

It is only cheating if you have such a session that you are not able to service your missus afterwards. If it does not interfere with your marital duties, it is not cheating but should be seen as practice/further education to improve your performance and you should be applauded for doing more than is required.

Did you go to the Monica Lewinsky college of plumbing :mrgreen: " I did NOT have sex with that woman " :LOL: :LOL:

A nasty little Rash!.......and you've still got to pay Plumbase for those Taps
No Way Hosay!! :!:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back