alternative power

any ideas as to what geni (continuous) output will be required?
If it's just for the boiler/pump, then pretty much the smallest available - a few hundred watts will be plenty.

However generator also means petrol - and storing petrol for any length of time is usually a fail as it degrades and becomes useless fairly quickly.

Sponsored Links
However generator also means petrol - and storing petrol for any length of time is usually a fail as it degrades and becomes useless fairly quickly.

I've always heard that but never found it to be true - I have petrol that is years old and still works fine in my genny. I've even used it in the car by using it to top up a 1/2 full tank, so that it is only a fairly small proportion.

Buy a petrol mower, then you'll have to have stored petrol, and it will be continually replenished with fresh.

Sponsored Links
If it's just for the boiler/pump, then pretty much the smallest available - a few hundred watts will be plenty.
However generator also means petrol - and storing petrol for any length of time is usually a fail as it degrades and becomes useless fairly quickly

My boiler's electrics (presumably the pump) is rated at 42watts at full load, but then doesn't an electric motor draw a lot more at start-up, so any idea as to what geni output would be adequate?
As for fuel degradation, my old V8 will take care of any that needs replenishing :rolleyes:

My boiler's electrics (presumably the pump) is rated at 42watts at full load, but then doesn't an electric motor draw a lot more at start-up, so any idea as to what geni output would be adequate?
As I think has been said before, I think you would find it impossible to buy a genny which was 'too small' to supply the start-up current of a motor which represented a running load of 42W. In the very worst case, the start-up current of a small motor will only be 'a few times' it's running current.

Kind Regards, John

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back