Alternatives To Rendering Wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The wall on semi detached house is really bad and needs to be rerendered.

Some of the render has fallen off and everyone that comes says it needs redoing - Is there any way to just paint on top of it even if it looks a bit bumpy?

Can I just paint the wall without patching the render parts? Some rain is getting into the wall!

29Render.png

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
That image looks like something rougher than render.

But yes you can paint on anything, but the thing is whether the paint will stick after a few months. If render is poor, or cracked or blown, then the paint cracks and holds water causing even more damage. Thats why people tend to say that the render needs to be re done. But whether you have tyrolean, pebbledash or roughcast might make a difference to the extent of repairs necessary.

I heard that plaster mentioned on Absolute80's this morning. It won't work for you, it's for internal use.

Imagine the business opportunity if someone was to create something like this ...

Are you sure it is not painted pebble dash?

Pebble dash was traditionally brown in colour. Then it became popular to have it painted white. That could account for the rough looking texture. Although the picture is not the best...

Big chunks of pebbledash and render have come off the bricks

I ll get some pics but it is really bad

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back