Aluk Bifold Door - How to find a VFM supplier

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need to buy a 4200mm wide, 2395mm tall bifold door. Ideally I want it to open outwards, slide all to the left, but also have a traffic door. Ideally the traffic door would slide the same direction as the other doors (I'm told this is possible if you pick an odd number of leaves). I want them to be warm with the thicker/triple glazing and low solar gain.

From what I've been reading Aluk seem like a decent option. I was looking initially on Aluk Direct - but they don't do fitting.

Our builder won't fit bifolds, says we need to find someone to do it. We are in Wimbledon/Kingston area. Searching for Aluk window suppliers brings up lots and lots of local companies that will supply+fit.

Are there regional or national companies that are worth checking out first? The process of requesting quotes my web-form/phone is going to be pretty tedious. I suppose there is also the option option of buying from somewhere like Aluk Direct and getting someone to fit locally.

Grateful for any suggestions.

Sponsored Links
Have you emailed Aluk to see if they can recommend an installer in your area?
There is a guy on here user name God who may comment at some point who is good. He maybe in your area

I have emailed them yes - but only earlier today. I will look out for God. Thanks!

We do Aluk but I will check that you can get them at 2395 high. Not sure you can with the bsf70 but maybe the f82. We also do origin and reynaers. Also do lift and slide patio doors.

Sponsored Links
Yes you can have that height in the standard aluk door. To give you an idea the cost to supply and fit would be around £4750 + vat in white , grey or Black that is with standard low e double glazed units. If you want to go up a level to the aluk f82 you would be looking around £280 more per door sash.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back