Aluminium bifold

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello chaps

I'd just like to hear your ideas for my aluminium bifolds. 4 panel .5.4m long . There are no working handles or locks from the outside.. open from left to right. No master doors or slave doors.
I was thinking a shock sensor maybe 2.
Or because there is no locking mechanism on the outside there is a high possibility it's easier to just smash the glass.
So that said, how do we feel about break glass sensors.

Any ideas please

full

Sponsored Links
Not a fan of glass breaks.

if the room is covered by a PIR then no real need?

Have used wireless micro/ covert shocks, however the placement is crucial to ensure you can get the right sensitivity to cover them adequately. For example you may find placing at the top or bottom, that they wont work aswell or rather they wont activate if someone attacks from the opposite end.

Glass breaks not used them enough to determine there reliability, but to test them properly you need to be able to simulate your windows being broken into ie thud then break.

Which alarm system do you have? Visonic do quite an advanced glass sensor that is supposed to minimise false alarms.

Sponsored Links
thanks for the replys.
its a texecom 48, there is a pir in the room. but my thoughts were advanced warning ie with the shock / shocks. would 2 wired shocks be possible in series on the same zone?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back