Always Live/Swithced Live from ceiling rose?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there

I am fitting a light/fan kit (showerlite) in my bathroom and for the run on I need to connect to The "always live", "switched live" and of course the neutral.

I plan on using the existing ceiling rose and wondered if anyone could confirm the connections I think I need below?

(Sorry, the silly colours and stuff is so I could try to work out the current wiring...so may be wrong!)

CeilingRose.JPG

I know there is another feed coming in, but I have no idea what when why thats for?

1. Have I made my assumptions correctly as to the current wiring?

2. Would connecting my Fan/Light (yellow text) work? (I will also be running 3 other downlighters from the switched Live/neutral)

Thanks in advance

Andy

Sponsored Links
1. Yes.

2. Yes.

There's been another light "spurred" off this one at some time. So you have 3 sets of perm live wires.

Thanks Crafty.

Didn't expect a response that quickly, fantastic. I can get on with the job now.

Didn't expect to be right either...Woo Hoo! :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back