ceiling light rose in living room blown

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
ceiling rose in my living room has blown,reset board light does not work ,bought replacement still does not work,so transposed known working switch & they work.have 3 connections in the ceiling rose,1has 2 neutrals the other has 3 lives & the other one is a black live there is live going into the conector by the 3 reds & also black livewhen i put an electric screw driver to the black live & switch the lite switch on the live is no longer there,can anyone help please

Sponsored Links
Have you put the switch back on upside down? It sounds from your difficult to understand description(to me anyway :) ) , that it is working correctly

Dont understand the question at all. Sorry.

You have changed the switch?

Do you have a multimeter or volt meter or similar?

You have changed the lamp for a know working one?

Is the lamp holder past its best? Are the springs responsive when you press the two prongs in (TURN OFF THE FUSEBOARDS FIRST). Is the two bayonet inserts folding the lamp level and tight when inserted?

ok sorry,sorry for being vague,switches were put back the same way i took them off,when the lite initially blew it was a big bang i reset thwe trip switch & still thelites did not work

Sponsored Links
i changed the ceiling rose for a new one & it still does not work ,could one of the neutral wires of blown in a connector box as someone has suggested to me,& is that the reason why wen i switch the switch on thlive goes off in the ceiling rose,please any helpers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back