Am I being really thick?! Ideal response 120 high flow combi

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I can no longer get hot water or heating from my Ideal response 120 boiler. The pressure is very low - below half a bar. I'm sure there's something very simple I can do - turn a knob to increase the pressure, perhaps? - but I can't for the life of me work out what it is.

Can someone please help me - with instructions tailored towards a complete idiot?!

Thank you so much!

Amelia

Sponsored Links
there should be a filling loop somewhere on the pipework to increase the pressure. try under the boiler or perhaps under the sink if its in the kitchen.
you are looking for a silver flexible pipe with two silver valves on either side. one or both should have black handles on them or perhaps a white tap handle or if you are unlucky a screwdriver type valve. open the valve(s), hear the water flowing through and watch the boiler gauge, 1 to 1.5 bar will be fine.

Dear Nickso,

Thank you so much for that - but I've tried twisting those handles (one at a time - always returning one to its original position before twisting the second one) and it's made no difference at all. Does that mean there's something more serious wrong?

All best,

Amelia

no just open them both at the same time. open one fully and then open the other just slightly until you hear water flowing, you will get more control over the amount of water you put in that way. be sure not to overfill the system and also be sure to fully shut off both valves after you have finished.

Sponsored Links
Thank you so much, Nickso! can hardly wait to get home and give it a try. I really appreciate your advice.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back