Response 120 boiler

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I’ve been reading your responses to problems with Response 120 boilers. Forgive the direct approach but I can’t seem to log into DIY NOT with my user and password. We’re desperate – from a boiler that appeared to be working fine, to a boiler not working at all to deliver central heating or hot water.

The pressure appears to be there, and we didn’t know what else to do so called out a CORGI engineer. He couldn’t find fault with the boiler and suggested our gas flow was the issue, to which he called a TRANSCO rep out to check the regulator. They replaced it outside, and he came back and still no luck. The boiler now doesn’t even fire up like it used to before the gas company came out.

My question relates to two things:

You mention a reset button on the Response 120 – I’m not sure I’ve ever seen this (but will have a look this evening)

The other is I see you mention giving the boiler at least a few hours to reset itself (perhaps using the filling loop to increase the pressure) to around 1.8 bar. If this is something you recommend, can you talk me through what to do – as we’ve just switched everything off for now.

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
Better to get a competent engineer!

I hope you did not pay your last muppet!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back