am I being ripped off

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm a newbee so go easy.I want a new patio laid in the back 60 square metres roughly, nothing complicated.a couple of local boys said they will dig it out by hand,compact a base (about 6 inch) and lay the flags on a bed of mortar.I have got the concrete flags 3 different sizes, they will provide and lay the base and lay the flags. They reckon it wil take them 6 days to finish and cost £2400 +vat.

Seems like a long time and a lot of dosh. am i being ripped off do you think.

Sponsored Links
seems a fair price however someone who is vat registered doin a 60m2 area digging by hand seems a bit wierd to me ( non vat reg) id use a digger for a day costs peanuts check the vat no before you agree to pay any vat

Thanks for that. They wont get there digger round my back theres only a small gate for access.

on the face of what you have said sems a very fair price, if not a little cheap. 60m2 is a good size patio and thats a fair bit to move and hump around. If you think its a long time to do it, try it yourself! :LOL: (no offence but most people dont realise how much work goes into a decent patio)

Sponsored Links
I think that's a cracking deal. Many tonnes of topsoil and its got to be dumped. I paid £1800 to have 35sqm's done last year and was happy with the price. Machinery involved in the job. 23 tonnes of top soil taken out. Go for it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back