AM I RIGHT

Bamber gaspipe said:
BOB.DOLE said:
after all this .... he disapperared and when i checked it . it was 22mb
to me these transco engineers have not a clue.

i thought t..osser

Natural Gas meter Governors are set & sealed by the gas supplier. They are adjusted to give a working pressure of between 19-23mbars.

transco engineer was not incorrect... just a little dig from one of Bob`s poor installers who doesn`t know the Regs...
take a look in the corgi book bamber on low pressure installations the working prssure at the gas meter should be 21mb and 20 at the appliance

Sponsored Links
Bamber gaspipe said:
21 (+ or -2 ) at meter

IGE/UP/1B

Every primary meter is fitted with a meter governor (regulator). This governor is set and sealed, to control the working pressure to the outlet supplies and appliance at 21mbar (+ or - 1mbar)

Sorry D.i.a but hasn`t that been changed to + or - 2? I`ve got it somewhere it`s been amended. Regardless of that, the Transco guy would still have been correct at setting the meter at 22mbar, it would still make Bob incorrect, would you concur?

Sponsored Links
Bamber gaspipe said:
Sorry D.i.a but hasn`t that been changed to + or - 2? I`ve got it somewhere it`s been amended. Regardless of that, the Transco guy would still have been correct at setting the meter at 22mbar, it would still make Bob incorrect, would you concur?

lets see the prove in the pudding instead of giving miss guided infomation

I`m not giving misguided information..you are.. by stating that the Transco engineer was a `To**er for setting the regulator at 22mbar, & then in another `the working pressure at the meter should be 21mbar + or - 1 .... 21+1 = :rolleyes: (It has been amended, but I can`t really be ar*sed to find it)

Never seen a transco guy adjust a new regulator - they've just checked them and fitted another if they're wrong. ie if I've moaned because they're a bit low someone else has probably got that one. I think that's happened twice.
The last few have been 22mbar.

21 +/- 2 mbar it is. Dimly remember the change about 2 years ago.

I agree its +/- 2.

The current regulators are sealed and set for about 22 mb on a light load and they drop to about 21 mB on a 24 kW boiler and about 20 mB on a 35 kW boiler.

Last time I told the customer to get the regulator changed he called me back 45 minutes later and it had already been fixed!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back