Am Tech Elite

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Anyone 'eared of 'em? I've just been out to buy a pair of pliers, I was looking for an average price average quality pair, well I came across a range of tools called Am Tech Elite.Now I know Am tech aren't exactly known for their quality, but these looked ok, only time will tell how Elite they really are. It says on the packaging Chrome Nickle steel,Exceeds ANSI and U.S. standards. dose anyone out there know what this means.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
probably a bit of marketing B.S since it does not state which stndards it exceeds, it could be it exceeds the minimum rquired thickness for a car door panel.

although the last statement sounds silly, it is true, because you have nothing to judge what standard it exceeds

its also like the "new and improved with added zog"

hoiw can it be new AND improved.

it cant be improved because its new.

bit like werthers origonal toffees, of course they are origonal, no one else makes them

Yes I agree it does sound like bull* and at £3.80 I'm not expecting too much from them. but that's £1.80 more than the other pliers they were selling. can't wait to see If I get £3.80 worth of use out of them.

Pliers don't 'break' unless they are really really appallingly shoddy. or if they are being used by Dr.No

For the money you can't go far wrong.

Sponsored Links
Deluks said:
Pliers don't 'break' unless they are really really appallingly shoddy. or if they are being used by Dr.No
I have a set of pliers from LIDL which did! I must be turning into Dr. No.......

do side cutters count?

i dropped a pair and the whole "jaw" fell off they were not that new and never used as a hammer

Scrit said:
Deluks said:
I have a set of pliers from LIDL which did! I must be turning into Dr. No.......

or they were really really appallingly shoddy. ;)

Were they the 99p ones from a few months back?

Deluks said:
Scrit said:
Deluks said:

or they were really really appallingly shoddy. ;)

Were they the 99p ones from a few months back?
They were a set of four I got to keep in the kitchen drawer. I reckon that the one which broke had been over-hardened or stressed as the arms just snapped off clean doing a cut. It was the side cutters not the radio pliers which went, BTW. The other three have been fine, though

Scrit

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back