AM2/FICA

W

walkman

Anybody done this recently? Just done mine everythinh went well apart from one boob but I don't know if it will cost me...when wiring my earth for motor i went from my mains to my stop start inch control (as the stop button was metal) then pulled a loop in the trunking below my motor isolator which is enclosed in a pvc box then down to my motor, the problem being I obviously must have pulled the loop out of my earth (in the trunking) when i pulled it down to the motor and by the time i noticed I had run out of time. So there aint earths in my pvc box, although there is a metal coupler and brass bush going into it that will bearthed as they are joined onto my earthed trunking. Do you think this will be a major or minor? I know it would def be a major if it was a metal box.

Sponsored Links
Sorry to be harsh but if you dis-connected an earth and then left it un-connected you do not deserve to pass.

And if the examiner gives you a pass then the examination procedures need to be tightened up.

If the motor was left un-earthed then definately a fail.

As for running out of time. The time taken for a task is set by the time it takes to do the work properly and to a safe standard.

I never disconnected it I had pulled a loop and was going to go back, cut the cable then connect it. As for the time thats six people in the last two weeks I have spoke to who never had enought time to finish everything the way they would have liked. The motor is definitely earthed though. Thanks for your reply though.

I'm not in a great position to say but I think you may be ok and get away with it as a miner as it is not a metal isolator? At least your motor is earthed.

Sponsored Links
you say u have a metal coupler goin to the pvc box? if there isnt an earth running with the cables throught the coupler then i would say its a no no (sorry)
I passed mine with flyin colours :D no minors what so ever

Yeah i know its a no no just dont know how big a no no :confused: Spoke to a few guys i work with and they reckon I might get away with it as a minor as my motors earthed and the coupler will be arthed as well as its on steel trunking that is earthed, just have to wait and see! Be a bummer to fail for that one stupid mistake though considering everything else went fine.

The main thing i struggled on was the testing as in our company we have a sparky who does the main testing so im not to hot on it.
I think mine came throught within a week i think so hopefully you dont have to wait that long.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back