Amendment 3 and BG CUs..

I can see the point of the guy doing it.

Undoubtedly there's going to be a lot the old plastic CUs fitted during quarter one, where the design section of the EIC is filled out as December. A lot of these will be installers trying to get around the change in regulations. These are basic domestic works, not big projects with tens of DBs which is designed a long way in advance, it is unreasonable for most (not all, I will concede) domestic jobs to have a design date much in advance of the construction date.

The guy doing the job probably doesn't want to end up lumped together with the installers who will be doing this kind of trick

Sponsored Links
I mean in layman's terms, that if the work was started/contracted prior to the implementation of the requirement for non-combustible CU/enclosures coming into action in January. The work can be completed, certificated and signed off, under the requirements that existed when the agreement/contract/work started date.
Yes, I realise that's what you meant, and I've already said that I agree that it correct. However, what you wrote seemed to be saying something different, since I think that, in context, most people (particularly "laymen") would have taken "started under AMD 3 2015" to mean "started under regulations which required CUs to be non-combustible"!

Kind Regards, John
Hopefully that recent post, clears up any potential misunderstanding .

it is unreasonable for most (not all, I will concede) domestic jobs to have a design date much in advance of the construction date.
I have been on a number of jobs that have dragged on, for one reason or another, where design and installation of first fix has been done within a short period of each other, but the second fix and final commissioning has not and this has at times overlapped amendments of BS7671.

WF today had BG boards in stock, I only see 10 way on show as they are on offer but they may stock others.
Newey and Wf are both rexel owned

Sponsored Links
I would fit AMD 3 boards as a matter of course now (and have been for a while), don't wan't to be going back in a few years and having to flag my own work up as being non-compliant on an EICR

I would fit AMD 3 boards as a matter of course now (and have been for a while), don't wan't to be going back in a few years and having to flag my own work up as being non-compliant on an EICR
Is this a delayed post from december? I would hope you are fitting AMD3 CUs now as a matter of course! Or, putting an enclosure around plastic ones :rolleyes:

I started fitting them in about October, didn't notice the thread date TBH, it came up as I was watching "the other thread" about AMD3 boards

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back