American style fridge freezer water supply

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi guys not been here for a short while due to a sudden house move. so all my other posts may not be relevant now suppose some will be. any way with moving I have had a side byside ffridge freezer with water and ice dispenser. so after a lot of messing around tryingto get the bits to install it (I ccan't believe normal diy shops don't have the fittings) I finally got it installed. but now there is no water coming out the water dispenser (installed about an hour ago) do you have to wait for some sort of tank to fill up or should I already be getting water ? as I getting a bit worried somthing is wrong. Cheers for any replies in advance. cal

Sponsored Links
If you are sure you have got water reaching the appliance everything else you need to know should be in the appliance instructions. If it isn't post in the appropriate forum or contact the manufacturer

hi thanks for the reply, it was second hand so don't have any instructions :( sorry is this not the right forum. I just followed a link from someone else who had been talking about these type of fridges :)

Sponsored Links
You are sure you have it connected to the MAINS COLD water rather than a gravity hot or cold?

Make triple sure you have turned the service valve on.

hi thanks for all the replies. I tried the purge thing.for 3 mintues. hasnt worked. there is water getting to it as it has started to make ice and the ice dispencer works.

thanks everyone for your help. it did turn out to be the purging that need doing. so it all working. thsnks for ur time :):):)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back