American to Uk garden hose fittings

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

Does any one have any experience of using American garden hose fittings with uk ones.

I need to be able to connect the following bottle of NauturVet garden cleaner to UK hose pipes

http://www.naturaldogs.co.uk/store/yard-odour-killer-concentrate.html

Ideally I am looking for a GHT male thread at one end with a male UK compatible snap on connection at the other end, eg something that looks like this

http://www.seatechinc.com/prod_images/hi-res/MGHT-ADAPTOR.jpg

Does any one know of a supplier or if the push/snap connections are the same on both sides of the pond? If they are then a US only connection would be fine.

Tnx

[/img]

Sponsored Links
what size is the thread you need 3/4" ?
and you want the other end a pushfit like for a hozelock coupler ?
Hozelock_Accessory_Adaptor_2289_Small.gif

Hi seco

I might well try one of those in the hope that the two nylon threads will mold to each other- apparently the US standard is a bit bigger than 3/4 and it has more threads per inch than BSP.

The bottle has a rubber washer in the female part so hopefully the (possibly) knackered threads wont be an issue.

I am amazed at how difficult it is proving to be to actually find something fit for purpose- but then I guess the inch wasn't even standardised until WW2

i'm sure us have 11 tpi we have 14 tpi.

where does the us hose come into this ?
as the product your looking at is from uk and your using uk hose.
the product states it comes with an adaptor.

Sponsored Links
Hi Seco

I just had an email back from Natural Dogs, the people selling the NaturVet cleaner.

They say that they have only just added the Odour Killer Range and did not notice that as an American product it had American sizes until after they had sent mine out.

They have now suspended the product and given me a full refund until they can find an adaptor to allow it to connect to UK hoses. Fair enough, I guess, I end up with a free bottle...

So although I am £20 better off I still need to work out how to connect the pesky bottle to my hose.

Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back