Ames Taping peeling

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm in a 3 year old house and the ames tape is peeling away in places from some of the walls upstairs, (builders warranty is only 2 years so can't get them to fix it).

pics below.
3465342884_cd03022b96.jpg

3465343058_4fbab8176b.jpg

About to start painting one of the rooms so i need to fix this first. Whats the best way to go about it? Cut out the bad tape and plaster over?

Sponsored Links
doubt there is any plaster on your walls at all if it's been taped and jointed like it appears, think best plan would be to remove all the tape and reapply new tape using taping compound or easifill which will sand down nicely when dry.

Apply a coat of filler/compound apply tape, pushing in firmly and coat with filler/compound, sand it when dry and 2nd coat it and again sand to finish.

not a very good job been done there, typical that it has failed just outside of the cover period

Sponsored Links
I have just read a few of the things on the NHBC link that Alastair put up, and cracking to walls/ceilings,, loose tapes etc are not covered by them, unless caused by a fault. Shrinkage is not seen as a fault. This,, believe it or not, applies to properties "less" than 2 years old. Have a look at the site if you've a problem,, it's very interesting.

Roughcaster.

What a bloody cop out :rolleyes:

Thought everyone knew who NHBC were :confused:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back