Amtico bevelled tiles - how should I grout?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have metallic-look Amtico tiles, not sure of the type, but their edges have a slight bevel which after a few years is looking very black - part shadow, part trapped dirt.

I've heard that grout isn't that successful, could anyone tell me a suitable solution other than scraping tile by tile & washing?

much thanks in advance!

Sponsored Links
sorry, just read forum title -have reposted in tilessection

Errr..........

if they are "Amtico" then you do NOT grout them

Because they are plastic. They are a trade name for LVT or luxury vinyl tile. In the same way as Ford are a trade name for "cars"

If they are dirty then clean them either with plain soap and water or if you are rich buy Amitico`s cleaning pack which is still soap but in a fancy bottle (runs and hides from derisive comments from other posters)

If your tiles are porcelain/etc then they are NOT Amtico ;)

Pity.

I kind of hoped there might be a product out there to prevent dirty grooves...

They are indeed Amtico so I suppose it's hands knees and a toothbrush.

:(

Sponsored Links
Strip the floor with amtico stripper, let it soak in for 5 min then scrub it with the pad you get. Then apply amtico floor dressing. If done right it should look great.

Strip the floor with amtico stripper, let it soak in for 5 min then scrub it with the pad you get. Then apply amtico floor dressing. If done right it should look great.

sorry Daz - I beg to differ.....

........"stardrops" is just as good AND considerably cheaper!!!!!!!

regular mopping equals :D

regular "ignoring" equals :cry:

It might be but that's what I'd do.

It might be but that's what I'd do.

........and so would I if I had let it get that bad ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back