Amtico flooring- need to level up 3 areas 60m2 total :o/

hi Daz

yeah this is the problem, i have a fab deal on some ex stock.. and now paying the price in gettin such a complex job to work on, unlike laminate flooring where you can pack out.

i just need to get a price for some decent self level cement. 60m2 at 8mm thick in total

i will do a dpm just to make sure, and slop on the self level with my mate of a mate that does this sort of thing every day.
some u tube vids are helpful, to see what i can do to get things started.

oh man loook... it is New Years Eve

i gotta go, n get ready as we have plans tonight

Here's to 2013

talk soon n have a good one my friend

Sponsored Links
unless your adept at using a liquid dpm & getting a smooth level screed i would leave it to a professional mate.
Only thing i would be happy a customer doing themselves would be the initial coat of screed..
After that, if 'anything' goes wrong then its a finger pointing blame game.
Everything has to be perfect re the surface prep - 100% nothing less
Also, id pretty much bet you aint got a warranty on the amtico, but at 20quid a box that is a absolute steal so nice one there!
Def get a floorlayer in to do the dpm and final screed and fitting.
You wont be able to help in any way during the fitting, unless your making the coffee's and bacon rolls! lol ;)

Hi CoolEvilAngel

cheers for saying it like it is.. n not tell me what a fool i am.. and how poor my abilities are, and telling me me speelin is carp ;)

nice to have a simple, direct and straight forward "BooM".... answer. You and DazLight are Stars, rough blemish free diamonds if you will
looking at getting a pallet of slopp cement, but need to make sure I get the correct type, for my guy Steve. As i am sure we all have our own opinions on this sort of stuff, and how we can work with it.

you are right, i shall be making the tea n coffee.. and bacon rolls and helping mixing and simple stuff like that.

but i like to get involved and happy to work and help if asked

and No.. no warranty on the floor, but at that price, i can rip it up in 5 years, once the kids have all pised off.. and we can have white carpet all over the house lol

Hey Guys

so i have been looking for some self leveling stuff and found this local to me for £10 a bag? still in date and as many bags as I need

Cempolay Self Levelling Compound 25kg bag
•Protein-free suitable for use in hygiene and food preparation areas
•Smooths and levels up to 15 mm thickness
•Trowels to a feather edge
•For interior use
just wondering if this will do the job.

and yes i shall be having a liquid dpm down first

I have been asked to look to see if i can supply a good quality self level, and I would like your thoughts on this brand

Sponsored Links
Yes mate its ok that. Used it before. It's a water mix so will flow well. It can't be used under a dpm though just ontop.
Get someone mixing for you Jay. Easier that way.

hey dude

you stuck on the pc too..

it is friday night n here we are lol. mind you the mrs is working at the hospital tonight, so i am sitting here plannin and getting things moving re the flooring, whilst the kids sleep..and i have a beer :cool:

ok cool i hear you, yeah i was told that is all that would be needed re the dpm

i am happy to mix... and pour, but my mate is going to be doing the floating off

just wondering

does it matter if we do the work now, this time of year? as it is kinda cold and might get very cold before it gets warmer.. but it is very damp out!
will this have any adverse affects towards the planned work? if we did it now? or is it best to wait till early summer

I'm on a all daya tomorrow so early night lol.
Beers at 1 till we drop.

Screeding now is fine. It just might take longer to dry. I have 3 jobs to screed Monday so after 2 weeks off god help me.

lol.. well i am sure you will be back up to speed after the second job :eek:

;)

so a question for you Daz

ok so it will take longer to dry ( but it will set in a few hours ) as in before laying the Amtico down.. this is not a problem, but how do i keep everyone off the floor surface? can i cover it? or lay some ply down or new off cut bits of carpet? what do you recommend

as i know it is meant to be kept spankingly clean!
so what can i do as i have 4 kids and 2 cats n the mrs to keep off the area ( which happens to be where we spend all our time )

The screed can be walked on after about 4-6 hours. But after that keep things off it for 24-48 to fully dry off then you can use the room.
The jobs I do I screed a couple of days before then lay the floor.

ok i hear you

yes because if i put the side unit back ( for example ) the moisture will build up under the unit

and i guess delays the drying, for one thing.
and impede on the performance of the screed for strength

ok i think i will look into ordering the 25kg bags of cement screed, just got to work out how many i will need.

lol
not a good idea with 3 JD's and 2 beers down already lol

just looking over many brands of liquid dpm to use, and not sure which to go with! are any or all types compatible with the cempolay self level cement i will be using, as it is a water based mix.

just had a guy come over this morning to price up for the screeding job. he is more than happy to let me do the supplying of the materials and he is doing the work.
but he is going to try and better the price i can get the 25kg bags of cempolay for, and i forgot to ask re the dpm type needed.

so anyone with ideas as to what i can or can not use would be great, as I am going see if i can get the recommended stuff. .

liquid dpm over the entire floor area 60m2 area.

it shall be going onto solid concrete floor, with no known dpm underneath as it is an old house.
but one area ( the conservatory =18m2 ) has got dpm under the concrete floor

so any ideas would be fab, or am i asking a silly question? and any liquid dpm would be fine

just so you know what the idea is..
in layers

Amtico flooring
Amtico PH + HT adhesive
Cempolay floor cement
liquid dpm.. which type needed
old concrete floor with / without dpm.

hi Daz

ok cool, yes i think you mentioned this stuff before, the Ardex and fball stuff.

sorry i forgot. I shall look into it now n see how much the stuff is

cheers dude

once again you always come back with the info i need :cool:

oh my word!!!!!

how much for the Ardex or F.ball?

that is going to cost me over £200 for a flippin dpm that i might not even need.

i might have to re think what i can or should go with. But i do want to have a dpm, and I know it is always best too

you see the old laminate flooring is fine still.. and no damp has surfaced, Ever...in the 8 years or so that we have lived here

Do i need to spend big bucks on the best of the best? for something that i feel is not all together pointless.. but maybe slightly a bit of an overkill for the requirements of the job.

just throwing it out there..

what you thinkin Daz?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back