Amtico flooring- need to level up 3 areas 60m2 total :o/

lol.. i am nuts lol i wish i lived in a cardboard box sometimes

on the mapie thing me bob stuff.
i found this Mapei Primer G

i states it is what i am looking for, £100 for 25kg tank. free delivery off ebay ( other good auctions sites are also available ) thats for any copyright laws or terms of forum use!

Sponsored Links
lol.. i am nuts lol i wish i lived in a cardboard box sometimes

on the mapie thing me bob stuff.
i found this Mapei Primer G

i states it is what i am looking for, £100 for 25kg tank. free delivery off ebay ( other good auctions sites are also available ) thats for any copyright laws or terms of forum use!

Are you pulling my plonker here?

Primer G is a PRIMER. It is used on anhydrate to seal the anhydrate before you apply cementous based adhesives / compounds etc.

It is a PRIMER, NOT a dpm system.

Mapei Primer G
do i add this to the cempolay?

This is what the listing says
Mapei Primer G.....A water-based synthetic resin primer available

For use in domestic and commercial installations for treating gypsum or anhydrite surfaces prior to installing ceramic/porcelain tiles with cement based adhesives or levelling compounds .

Surfaces to be treated should be clean, dry and pourus

or am i missing something?

it is hard to use the pc just now, with 2 black eyes and a nose bleed lol

or do i use this on the hard surface before the self level cement is slopped on?

oh man i am soooooo bored of typing the word "cement or cempolay and self level " lol

i might start calling it custard.. :cry: and my medication is about to wear off

Mapei Primer G
do i add this to the cempolay?

This is what the listing says
Mapei Primer G.....A water-based synthetic resin primer available

For use in domestic and commercial installations for treating gypsum or anhydrite surfaces prior to installing ceramic/porcelain tiles with cement based adhesives or levelling compounds .

Surfaces to be treated should be clean, dry and pourus

or am i missing something?

it is hard to use the pc just now, with 2 black eyes and a nose bleed lol

or do i use this on the hard surface before the self level cement is slopped on?

oh man i am soooooo bored of typing the word "cement or cempolay and self level " lol

i might start calling it custard.. :cry: and my medication is about to wear off

Well i think if the missus doesnt give ya black eyes and a nose bleed, we might have to come round and do it for her for not listening to us!!haha :LOL:

Sponsored Links

hell no dude.

i really ain't sure now what i am asking, so can someone please please please point me in the right direction re mapei product that i need

hell no dude.

i really ain't sure now what i am asking, so can someone please please please point me in the right direction re mapei product that i need

Ardex are the 'only' company that guarantee their dpm over a floor with no existing dpm...

I have a cheap method of dpm'ing your subfloor. When i used to work Egypt teh lads had a secret mix that works as a surface DPM.

This is no joke.

If you feed a camel grapes its urine is actually water proof when dried. I didnt believe them but sure enough they proved it to me.

Do you live near a zoo? if so then maybe talk to one of the keepers and see if you can come up with a deal?

mmmm well no

but i might try feeding my kids the grapes, does it matter if the grapes are white or red????

and shall i get them to wee in the dry powder cement mix? prior to mixing and screeding?? lol

ok so with the jokes over, ( i hope but i think not! )

ARDEX DPM 1 C R is what i need, n looking for

so my other half is sayin now, why do we need to bother with the dpm? its not like we have had any damp problems before?

mmmmm i might get her to read the posting lol and then get another punch lol

and shall i get them to wee in the dry powder cement mix? prior to mixing and screeding?? lol

ok so with the jokes over, ( i hope but i think not! )

ARDEX DPM 1 C R is what i need, n looking for

im not familiar with that product. Daz uses it a lot. Not sure if it can be used on a damp floor. All ardex products are very good tho.

so my other half is sayin now, why do we need to bother with the dpm? its not like we have had any damp problems before?

mmmmm i might get her to read the posting lol and then get another punch lol

afte this is all said and done you'll get to enjoy the s&m! :eek: :D

ARDEX DPM 1 C -
One Coat Surface Damp Proof Membrane - Residual Moisture Suppressant

ok i shall look

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back