Amtico flooring- need to level up 3 areas 60m2 total :o/

and shall i get them to wee in the dry powder cement mix? prior to mixing and screeding?? lol

ok so with the jokes over, ( i hope but i think not! )

ARDEX DPM 1 C R is what i need, n looking for

im not familiar with that product. Daz uses it a lot. Not sure if it can be used on a damp floor. All ardex products are very good tho.
The 1 C R is the rapid curing one
And it doesnt say its covered for no existing dpm

Sponsored Links
S&M oh great,yeah it's her turn to wear the strap on........... :cry: ( not that i ever wear it) lol

ok

right what were we talking about?.. oh year dpm

my floor aint damp, never has been.

so with that thought in mind i may look into the ardex
but at the end of the day, i am happy to look at ardex n fball and see what i can find out, and yes... see where i can get the cheaper deal ;)

ok

right what were we talking about?.. oh year dpm

my floor aint damp, never has been.

so with that thought in mind i may look into the ardex
but at the end of the day, i am happy to look at ardex n fball and see what i can find out, and yes... see where i can get the cheaper deal ;)

Al joking aside
If your floor hasnt shown signs of damp, has readings under 75%RH
Id chance not bothering with a dpm, therefore a moot point
Get it tested, then see if you have to stress about a dpm

Sponsored Links
Al joking aside

eeeh?????? eh!!!!

so erm, i did state this way early in me OP, any need for a dry floor? t have a dpm and after all this, and me telling you about my mrs n the strap on, you say.."hey, nah.. i woudnt bother with a dpm???

oh guys... come on! lol

moot point? what is a moot point!

i will get it checked re the moisture testing, and let you know

Al joking aside

eeeh?????? eh!!!!

so erm, i did state this way early in me OP, any need for a dry floor? t have a dpm and after all this, and me telling you about my mrs n the strap on, you say.."hey, nah.. i woudnt bother with a dpm???

oh guys... come on! lol
You may have said a dry floor
Until you have had an RH test your guessing with damp levels
Which are Very important

ok thats cool
i got ya, i will find out about the damp testing

i tell you guys.. that was close, i was so stressed n near telling you i also cross dress on sat nights too, thank god i didn't lol

only joking

i wonder what others will think when they read this when trying to find out about liquid dpm in the coming months n years lol

so i will do a damp test, and let you know.
now i just got to think who i might know, that has a damp meter/tester i can borrow

right i'm off now

thanks again guys for all your help
talk soon
J

maybe we should refer to it as moisture test and not damp test.

We need to know how much moisture is in your subfloor.

Depending on how much moisture is in the floor will depend on the prep.

EVERY subfloor has a moisture content. It dont matter if its 1 year old or 100 years old . The moisture content will be effected by heating, area, dpm etc.
We just need to know what that moisture content is.

ok you lovely people

so i got me wallet out, n blew away the cobwebs..and spent £18 on a moisture metre today from "tool station" on my way home from work just now.
And I did a moisture test in over 15 points all over the ground floor area.. old concrete flooring in the house and also in new conservatory for where the flooring will be going, plus other areas too to make sure, like near the front door and back doors
+ it has been raining all weekend and raining now up here

and the highest moisture reading was!!!

drum roll please...................

a high 10%

and the lowest.. was 4%

and the CH has been off all day

so with that in mind can i skip the liquid dp flippin m, and move on and get laying the self level sloppp and live a normal life

lol

let me know what your thoughts are guys

What did you buy Jay, them reading sound like a wood moisture meter...?

My meter was £500, It has to read concrete.

Oh Jay..... :rolleyes:
My meter costs £500+vat, and its the same as daz's!
Professional tools cost professional coin! :eek:
Tell us which one you bought, as daz says its poss a wood one, least it wasnt expensive thats the main thing..
But Mate, your gonna end up costing yourself more in the long run if your not careful :unsure:

oh for cryin out loud...lol

it is a Kamasa mini moisture meter " for wood & building material
for plaster and concrete and mortar, wood, and anything that is damp or moist or wet!! or that needs to be tested. for the diy....er
ok.. sorry, so let me go n spend 500 sodin quid on a product.. that might tell me i don't need to waste more money on spending £400 on a liquid dpm!!!!!
tell you what
i will let my guy ( a professional ) who is going to be doing the job, to do a professional damp meter.. sorry a Moisture reading. i have asked 3 other professional fitters, and they said try this one, the Kamasa mini as it works a treat and is as good as as his Tramex tester/reader. so he always has it handy in his pocket. but he is in portsmouth just now.. so he said go n get one from the local toolstation.

sssoooooo i am thinking, ok. it might not as accurate a reading.. by a few % as a £500 jobbie

but, and it is a big BUT!!! it is a reading and it is calibrated and i shall get him to use his swanky 500 quiddy jobbie of a meter moisture tester reader bit of kit, and i will let you know next week. as to what it reads.. when he is over.

its me 40th today and got stuff happening, not going to spend 5 days on here about the woes of how accurate the reading is.

but yes i do hear you guys, and know what you mean. i will get back to you soooooon

so, Happy Birthday to me! Happy Birthday to meeeee.

talk soon you lovely gorgeous people

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back