Amtico

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Does anyone know anything about Amtico flooring. Is it any good? Does it cost a packet? Does it have to be professionally fitted? etc.

I'm thinking about having it fitted in the bathroom (2mx2m) as an alternative to floor tiling.

Sponsored Links
We have got it in our Kitchen. It was fitted about 20 years ago. It was expensive. But we are very pleased with it. It has constant heavy use, and is still looking good, whereas many cheaper flooring products would have been replaced by now.We have replaced the cooker and the fridge, and the worktops, but the Amtico still looks fine.

I also looked at Amtico for my bathroom but in the end fitted Karndean which do a similar product but a fair bit cheaper (still not cheap though) . I had it fitted professionally as it is stuck to thin ply. Very pleased with it. The only issue is whether the finish you want is available.

Sponsored Links
Cheers.

Someone else mentioned Karndean more recently to me. I think I'll check that out.

DarrenSL said:
Cheers.
Someone else mentioned Karndean more recently to me. I think I'll check that out.
Take your wallet with you (filled) ;)

I have a friend who had it fitted in the kitchen.

Basically, they can do you any colour, any design and any manner of inticate inlay you so desire.

All they ask is you leave the signed cheque blank ..................... they fill in the zeros at the end
in the comfort of their penthouse flat.

They hate to see their work ruined when the owner commits hari kari on the new floor :p :p

Homer

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back