Amusing coincidence

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Remember this from a thread in January?

AdamW said:
ninebob said:
AdamW said:
one day I was out for a walk and in the course of events the headphones became trapped in a lift. Now I have a wire with a 3.5mm plug on the end. I hate lifts. :mad:
How on earth did that happen? Should you not be missing a head as well in that instance? :eek:
Well, I saw a pretty girl and you know how sometimes you get distracted? :eek:

I might have somehow ended up in an office building, standing in a lift in mid-conversation with the woman. Realised a little too late that on removing my headphones to chat I had just left them dragging behind me on the ground.

Doors shut, despite my best efforts to throw a shoe to jam them, James Bond style, I ended up with the aforementioned bare wire. :mad: It was a bit like that scene in Final Destination 2, but with far less blood and only headphones got hurt. They're only headphones, after all. :p

But despite being a headphone-dragging, shoe-throwing maniac, I got an invitation to dinner and have been seeing her a couple of months now, so it wasn't all bad :LOL:

You might think the probability of something like that occuring would be quite slim... well, this morning the following happened:

I was just ready to head out of the door for work, and had my coat on and earphones in when I spotted a pile of clothes that I ought to have put through the laundry already. Picked them up, carried them to the kitchen, threw them in the machine and switched it on. As I turned to walk back out my phone tugged out of my pocket and fell on the floor. I looked down and saw with horror the cable running from it into the door of the washing machine!!! Too late to cancel the cycle, I watched the first intake of water running down across the earphones inside. I immediately thought of AdamW's story and I had to laugh - even though I now have to walk to work without my daily Chris Moyles fix until I get some new ones!

Sponsored Links
A funny thing happened to a colleague recently.

He was laden with gear about to open the gate on which there was a notice "Beware of Dog". He opened the gate and struggled down the path. A little Yorkie appeared, yapping loudly, so he brushed it to one side with his foot and carried on. Suddenly a rottweiler appeared, and lauched itself at the guy, putting its front paws on his shoulder so he was nose to nose with the poor bloke, who didn't like canines at the best of times. "Don't worry" called the customer, "he won't hurt you - just kick his b*lls"

So the guy fired off a well-aimed foot, and the dog ran off whimpering.

"No," said the customer, "I meant his footballs....."

Sponsored Links
Back