An alternative to Dulux kitchen paint??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Friends,

As advised on the forum recently, I intended using Dulux kitchen paint for my kitchen walls. Whilst pouring a large glass of red, I explained to my girlfriend that it had got some pretty poor feedback from the pro's on DIY not. She replied, well what alternatives are there?!!???

Basically, we need a magnolia very tough hard wearing paint that resists grease and can be easily wiped without damaging the surface. We need something with a similar matt finish to kitchen paint that has the same advertised performance properties

One again, this kitchen project is my pride and joy, I'm looking for a paint that gives me a really quality finish people so feel free to suggest the best!!!!

Thanks

Need Help21

Sponsored Links
K&B paint has a slight sheen to it its not really matt.

Id go for acrylic eggshell

There is another paint made by dulux called diamond matt...however I, and a few others on here have had grief with it, it has a bad habit of lifting when you roll over the part you have just cut in.

Oh another solution might be oil babsed dead flat matt if you really want a matt finish..its durable but say show marks if you give it a lot of stick.

I used Dulux Trade Diamond Quick Drying Eggshell for my kitchen refurb last year and I'm really pleased with it. It's not a matt finish, and wasn't cheap, but it seems tough and went on nicely apart from where I cut in around the coving. I had to do that by eye in the end because masking tape lifted the paint even if I took it off straight away. This is what it looks like:

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2049/2188754325_89791df4fe_b.jpg

(Ignore the water damage on the ceiling - that's another matter :evil: )

hth

I wish you'd hurry up and get this kitchen finished.

Just how much grease and filth are you going to smear on these kitchen walls that are your pride and Joy :(

Here:

Johnstone's Trade Acrylic Durable Matt.

Sponsored Links
Kitchen paint is designed for kitchens. Why use anything else?

who Is the acrylic eggshell manufactured by? or is it a generic term, if so, who does the best stuff

They all make it...Johnstones is pretty good and a reasonable price too.

Ever tried their masonry paint?...even worse.

And they are now owned by AKZO..a dutch company..makes you proud doesnt it... :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back