an old joke......

Reaction score
Country
United States
a friend of a friend, who had heard that I had had an accident, showed up a bit ago with a "get well" present. It wasnt wrapped. It was a ladder!!! your typical metal extension ladder (it is "parked" outside) I was very surprised :eek: and said something stupid like..."oh wow!...I dont have one of those!" :confused: and his reply was......well you know the old joke?

I didnt want to appear stupid, so I said oh, yeah...right :LOL: ......he is gone now
does anyone know the "old joke" about a ladder? :confused: :confused:

Sponsored Links
maybe its to help you get up and onto higher things? metaphorically speaking, :)
seriously strange friends you have tho, keep them as friends, you dont want someone like that as an enemy :eek: :LOL:

It means the same as when you fall off a horse- you get straight back on it, or you fall off a bicycle-get back on,fall off a ladder-get back on.
you have had an accident-get back to doing what you do.
;)

Sponsored Links
pitbull said:
It means the same as when you fall off a horse- you get straight back on it, or you fall off a bicycle-get back on,fall off a ladder-get back on.
you have had an accident-get back to doing what you do.
;)

well, this makes sense, then. thanks. :)

although.....it would have been nice to have had a car/truck since that is where the accident was.....I dont have one anymore :eek: :) :(

Back