Analogue Heat Control to Digital - Wiring?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi - my heating system is controlled by an Flash Immermat timer, which packed it in yesterday (switch came off). I thought it would be a good opportunity to replace it with an electronic version with a boost button/7 day timer etc. Got an Invensys/Drayton Tempus 1 controller in B&Q today

I thought I would be able to wire it using like for like, but it's not so straightfoward - can anyone out there help me out? How do I wire the new controller ( wiring diagram linked below) from the old controller (wiring diagram also linked below).

Or do I have the wrong type of controller?
Old timer wiring
New timer wiring

Sponsored Links
heating system is controlled by an Flash Immermat timer,
This timer is usually used for immersion heaters.

What sort of heating system do you have?
Combi boiler or traditional with a HW cylinder (usually in airing cupboard)?
Make and model of boiler

Got an Invensys/Drayton Tempus 1 controller in B&Q today
May be OK;depends on your system, so need answers to questions above

Hi - it's a traditional heating system with a cylinder in the airing cupboard. The boilers a Potterton Subprima gas boiler....Thanks

Sponsored Links
Hi - it's a traditional heating system with a cylinder in the airing cupboard. The boilers a Potterton Subprima gas boiler....Thanks
Do you have any motorised valves? If so how many and what type?
How is the temperature of the HW controlled?

The Tempus 1 is a single channel controller so it can only be used to control when the boiler goes on and off.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back