Anchor Sleeves

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
How do you use these anchor sleeves guys,

I drilled my hole with the correct bit size, tapped the anchor bolt into the hole with its sleeve on then tightend, but it doesnt seem to get really tight what have i done wrong ???

Sponsored Links
hollow/perforated/frog bricks or blocks maybe?

the bolt needs to be fairly snug within the masonry.

rawl bolts sometimes require the fat end to be restrained whilst tightening.

this means fitting the bolt within the masonry using the large required masonry bit, then drilling smaller holes in the timber (to be fixed) that only allow the smaller threaded bar to pass through.

then tighten. the timber will prevent the bolt from creeping out.

very fiddly. :rolleyes:

Have you drilled the hole deep enough to allow the thread to go in further than the sleeve and pull the wedge to expand the sleeve?

The bolt and sleeve should slide in smoothly, and then then when the sleeve is below the surface give the bolt a little tug back and this will cause the wedge to expand the sleeve and so make it tight enough to then tighten it properly

Sponsored Links
Got it sorted in the end thanks guys, turns out that anchor sleeves just dont like breeze blocks, put my bearing plate up yesterday using them on brickwork and bingo, bango, bongo worked first go.... :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back