Resin anchors

M

marsaday

I am researching how to use the resin system for anchoring a wall plate to the wall to carry my new floor in the attic.

i want to reduce the distance between fixings and do it every 300m. Is this a no no?

Do i need to use the sleeve anchors ?

if so is this the correct way of doing things?

1) drill and vac holes

2) slide in sleeves

3) fill with resin

4) screw in bar thread.

5) let set for 24h and come back and slide wall plate onto anchors. tighten up bolts.

Have i made any mistake here?

Sponsored Links
i want to reduce the distance between fixings and do it every 300m. Is this a no no?

Do i need to use the sleeve anchors ?
Spacing of fixings depends on the load and wall quality/type..
Best check with manufacturers requirements for the bolts you are using or with the SE drawings (if you have any)..

Theres a guide to using resin fixings here
I did the pages a few years ago now.
For spacings, refer to your arcitect/engineers plans. They should be telling you spacings and sizes of the bolts.

If its nothing that requires that, let us know what it is you are doing and i am sure we can advise.

the engineer has me doing individual joist hangers resined to the brick wall.

i am not going to go this way and BC is happy to do it using a wall plate. there is no good reason why i cannot use a wall plate. simply the SE is new to all this and so i cannot be bothered going to him for exact spacings.

i assume a normal wall plate fixing is every 400mm? approx.

what about using the sleeves? i am going to be leaving the fixing until it is all cured. dont the sleeves aid in getting a straight fixing?

Sponsored Links
If you are using resin, you just need studding cut to size, or precut studs.
If you need to drill into a cavity, the resin sleeves will be very usefull, as they prevent the resin being lost into the cavity as you push the stud into the wall.

i will be using m12 studding. So do i drill a 14mm hole? i aim to drill a 90mm hole in brick which is 110mm deep (235mm deep if drilling into the tie course. so i wont need the sleeves.

Hole size in brick again is down to the resin/bolt manufacturer and type of material drilling into.. but looking at both hilti and rawl they need 14mm hole and 110mm embedment into brick

got hilti info and spoke to them. drill depth is 85mm and spacing is every 100mm minimum.

Hi

Do a web search for a company called 'Helifix' they may have an alternative remedy!

Regards

Generally, upto M20 anchors you would drill +2mm, so yes, an M12 requires you to drill a 14mm hole.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back