How to fix plate to a wall

Those thunder bolts will require a wider hole to be drilled in the timber else the bolt will tightened in the timber rather than the wall, and the timber will be loose

Absolute rubbish. You've obviously got a desk job or you wouldn't post carp like that.

Sponsored Links
OP, when using expanding bolts like this, just make sure the hole you drill in the masonry is exactly the right size for the plug, or it will spin and spin as you tighten it, and/or pull right out. The packet they come in should say what drill bit to use, but on crumbly bricks try using a smaller bit than the packet says. Get the hole right and these bolts are great for what u r doing.

We always work saturdays whether we need to or not. Its just our work ethic which was bestowed upon us from a young age.
Much more superior than yours.
Saturday is an englishmans day of worship (ie - football) so I wouldn't expect you to turn in.
Will be working monday too as will our concrete supplier. Foreign workers you see. Can't beat them.
We only employ foreigners.

Sponsored Links
Very gallant, I'm sure

But there is nothing superior in working Saturdays or bank holidays, or more than you need to. It's a fools game

I'd rather be with the family as much as I can, or doing something else, rather than working Saturdays or any other days

You make hay when the sun shines. Not when its -10 outside. (not that it ever stopped us :mrgreen: )

So yes its totally superior to work saturdays.
The fools are the ones with your attitude. Is it any wonder employers are falling over them selves to enlist foreigners.
It's the way to go.

I see.

The idea is to earn a weeks wages in seven days and not five? That is where I have been going wrong

Our working week is six days and on the seventh we rest. We ignore government sponsored holidays.
Foreigners have no qualms about that. That's one of the reasons we give them priority.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back