And another

Sponsored Links
The 26-year-old, originally from Larne, County Antrim, died when the 4x4 he was in hit an electricity pole at Brahan, near Maryburgh, in June 2009

The pole apparently snapped and the high voltage ( maybe 11Kv ) lines fell to the ground.

So do we now ban poles with high voltage lines from any place that a car might be driven ?

Sponsored Links
He was off-roading.

Now, electricity poles don't grow like forests, they are not exactly close together. Yet this driver manages to drive into one. A blind man would find that difficult.

So the vehicle is sparking crackling & smoking, but the driver manages to get away. How lucky is that? Only the passenger cops it.

Another person electrocuted in the local area.
It was basically an RTA.

Can we look forward to more instances of you mindlessly posting about news reports mentioning any death or injury involving electricity even if the relevance to DIY electrical work is absolutely zero?

Another person electrocuted in the local area.
It was basically an RTA.

Can we look forward to more instances of you mindlessly posting about news reports mentioning any death or injury involving electricity even if the relevance to DIY electrical work is absolutely zero?

Yes you can Mr Sheds.

If this is the start of some strange mating ritual on your part perhaps I should warn you, I'm a straight batting sort of chap. :LOL:

So do we now ban poles with high voltage lines from any place that a car might be driven ?

No doubt there are those who would call for that. Or maybe they'll start asking why the lines can't be RCD protected, as the RCD now seems to be considered the panacea for all known electrical ills.

Yes you can Mr Sheds.
You waste of space ***t.

If this is the start of some strange mating ritual on your part perhaps I should warn you, I'm a straight batting sort of chap. :LOL:
No, it's not.

I just don't see the relevance of posting details of car crashes on a DIY electrical advice forum.

Clearly you are incapable of grasping such difficult concepts though.

About 10 years ago I saw a car stuck inside a EHV pylon beside an elevated section of the M6. God knows how they managed to rescue the car occupants.

If anyone else has seen a car crash, please let us know the details.

Me too lol, it was back in 1995, Junction 4A ?. I was working for Birmingham Cable at the time. It brought the pylon down over the M6 and shut it. We saw the blockage and found another way home.

I've told this story to people, and no one would believe me !!

Yes you can Mr Sheds.
You waste of space ***t.

No, it's not.

I just don't see the relevance of posting details of car crashes on a DIY electrical advice forum.

Clearly you are incapable of grasping such difficult concepts though.

Can someone clarify for me if this is the same Mr Sheds who posted a picture of an attractive young lady peeing.

I bet he done a bit of DIY when he came across that pic.

:LOL:

A single high voltage cable laying on top of an un-damaged metal car will not present a serious risk of electric shock to people inside the car. The faraday cage effect ( try google ) protects people in the car from electric shock. They are after all in an area of equi-potentially bonded metal work.

Fire and other hazards will be a serious threat to life.

DO NOT TEST THIS THEORY

It is when they get out of the car and touch ground and part of the car at the same time that they are very likely to get zapped. An over eager first aider or rescuer who opens the door ( or tries to open it ) will also very likely get zapped.

Can someone clarify for me if this is the same Mr Sheds who posted a picture of an attractive young lady peeing.
My apologies - I hadn't realised that your post was a POTW humour type of thing.

You should have made it clear that we were supposed to laugh at the photo of the silly dead man.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back