And its only just starting

Sponsored Links
I hope the situation in Greece improves soon. If not, it will only encourage bloody Bob Geldof to make a comeback. :(

Sponsored Links
Charity begins at home, when you have looked after your own and you have some spare cash then distribute it to the needy. it annoys me no end when our government give millions to China to improve their industrial emmisions and millions to India to improve their education system while our kids are financialy locked out of further education.

Charity begins at home, when you have looked after your own and you have some spare cash then distribute it to the needy. it annoys me no end when our government give millions to China to improve their industrial emmisions and millions to India to improve their education system while our kids are financialy locked out of further education.

Its not just our kids that are locked out! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

A bit of contraception wouldn't go amiss :rolleyes:

A typical suggestion from one who has never experienced, or possibly even witnessed, real poverty.

If you have the local equivalent of 10p and you're starving, your kids are starving, do you spend that money on a bread, rice, water, etc? Or would you do as you suggest and spend it on contraception, assuming there is any on sale locally?

I imagine that Lou is maybe referring to free contraception RH....maybe aid money would be better used in educating people about this and providing it.
It does seem rather cruel and uneducated to continue having such huge amounts of children knowing full well what their fate will be.

They don't have welfare systems or pension schemes, so having lots of kids is a way of trying to ensure that some survive to look after their parents in their old age.

I think sooey's comment could also be applied to Victorian UK and prior.

Another influence on education and contraception is of course the stability of the country and the government.

I think sooey's comment could also be applied to VictorianUK and prior.

It could probably also be applied to future uk the way things are going, but what was the point of bringing that up?

They don't have welfare systems or pension schemes, so having lots of kids is a way of trying to ensure that some survive to look after their parents in their old age.

It is Sooey...but maybe they need educating that if there was one child to feed instead of 10, then that child would have a far better chance of survival.
Hopefully if what RH has posted has effect over time then change will come...albeit slowly.
I know a lot of people on here do not seem to have sympathy with their plight but personally I do find it absolutely heart rending when I see those children suffering...they are after all just children...just like our children and grandchildren...

Susie, there are some informative findings in that second paper that I linked.
Such as the effect of education, access to health services, etc.

There's far too much relevant information to reproduce here (Not a good choice of words there: reproduce. ;) )

Sponsored Links
Back