And its only just starting

But civilised before the white mans intervention?
Are you having a laugh? :rolleyes:
There humans and fighting each other since the year dot.
Unlike the "white man" who, as we all know, is never engaged in wars and conflicts :confused:

Sponsored Links
Susiejb";p="2255463 said:
So what you're saying is we keep feeding them and they WILL keep breeding as they have since the year dot & they know they can rely on us to feed them.

I don't think pred that anyone is advocating that at all...they do not in fact 'rely on us to feed them' they live in extremely harsh conditions and are in fact starving to death.
They are still people....and they still have feelings just like every single one of us...they feel pain, sorrow and sadness just like everyone else..so in that respect I feel that they cannot just be disregarded and left to 'get on with it'
However I do agree that just throwing money at the situation is not the answer and I hope that those who are able to do so will in time be able to offer a better solution to the problem.
I am not sure if you have children pred ...but if you do, maybe think for a moment of your own child and imagine the horror of seeing that child starve to death...they are after all just like you....we are all the same we are all just human beings.

Susie, hi, your last sentence, we are all human beings, are you sure about this, some of us might be visitors from a different universe, or even from Mars, though must be careful mentioning martians because the post might dissapear. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

And dare i say, the more money we pour into Africa the BIGGER the problem gets.

Totally agree Pred. All too often on the news we see scenes of dying children in Ethiopia, Somalia etc Meanwhile the mother is already pregnant with the next child who will undoubtedly die............ And so it continues, the never ending cycle of life and death.
A friend of mine did VSO work in Africa. He helped a village to plough and plant some crops. A few days later, the villagers had dug up the seeds they'd planted and turned them into some sort of broth/soup. Even though there was food aid being brought in.
What's actually needed is better education in the first instance. The more aid , the rest of the world send to these countries, the more dependant upon that aid they become

Sponsored Links
hi pred.....did answer you last question on page four.....

yes....visiting this forum sometimes makes me wonder if I am on another planet :) :eek:

Back