And its only just starting

Africa is supposed to be the birthplace of mankind so that makes Africa the oldest established country on the planet, so why are African countries so far behind the west? How long has the west been pouring money into Africa and for how much longer?

Sponsored Links
Africa was a civilised country until it was "conquered" by European countries.
Since it has been ruled by those European countries the indigenous people were denied rights, education, health treatment, etc.

Have you not heard of apartheid?

How long has the western countries been exploiting the natural resources of Africa?

Africa was a civilised country until it was "conquered" by European countries.

Africa is a continent made up of dozens of countries.
I think there's 54 sovereign nations now.

But civilised before the white mans intervention?
Are you having a laugh? :rolleyes:
There humans and fighting each other since the year dot.

Sponsored Links
Susiejb";p="2255463 said:
So what you're saying is we keep feeding them and they WILL keep breeding as they have since the year dot & they know they can rely on us to feed them.

I don't think pred that anyone is advocating that at all...they do not in fact 'rely on us to feed them' they live in extremely harsh conditions and are in fact starving to death.
They are still people....and they still have feelings just like every single one of us...they feel pain, sorrow and sadness just like everyone else..so in that respect I feel that they cannot just be disregarded and left to 'get on with it'
However I do agree that just throwing money at the situation is not the answer and I hope that those who are able to do so will in time be able to offer a better solution to the problem.
I am not sure if you have children pred ...but if you do, maybe think for a moment of your own child and imagine the horror of seeing that child starve to death...they are after all just like you....we are all the same we are all just human beings.

Susie, we may all be human but our mentalities are all vastly different, i give a few quid every month to three animal charities, i'm starting to think i'm wasteing my time because there's not going to be anywhere for them to live soon anyway, and as i said if our crops should fail who will then feed the masses, it is not the same old problem as every year it there is more & more.

Not having a go at anyone, but cannot understand why people give to animal charities before people charities, not saying that people don't give to both.

Not having a go at anyone, but cannot understand why people give to animal charities before people charities, not saying that people don't give to both.

As i've allready said, the human race is not an endangered spieces, we have raped the planet of most things, chopped down rain forest poluted the oceans, somebody has to fight the animals corner, thankfully i'm not alone.

.they do not in fact 'rely on us to feed them' they live in extremely harsh conditions and are in fact starving to death.

How many times do you see on telly and hear of the women or children having to walk many miles a day to fetch drinking water,would it not be easier to move to where the water source is.Is that too easy or am I missing something.
I have a friend who did volunteer work for the Red Cross and helped to provide water wells in Africa, one of the water pump stopped working, so they went back to carry on fetching the normal way for a quite a long distance, went on investigate and all it was a nut/bolt missing which was on the ground which was very simple to do to get it working again. The biggest problem is they need to be educated and learn how to do these simple problem solving, for some reason they don't understand and they forever pinching his tools! It's not their fault that they don't understand but it's hard work sometime

Animals deserve the same basic rights that humans enjoy because animals have feelings too

Susie, we may all be human but our mentalities are all vastly different, i give a few quid every month to three animal charities, i'm starting to think i'm wasteing my time because there's not going to be anywhere for them to live soon anyway, and as i said if our crops should fail who will then feed the masses, it is not the same old problem as every year it there is more & more.

I totally understand that Pred ....... unfortunately we live in a world dominated by ruthless greed and selfishness. There is little regard for people, animals or the beauty of nature, and yet we have the audacity to call ourselves the 'intelligent' species'.
Thank goodness there are still 'ordinary people' like us who do place some value on these things.

Africa is supposed to be the birthplace of mankind so that makes Africa the oldest established country on the planet, so why are African countries so far behind the west? How long has the west been pouring money into Africa and for how much longer?

And dare i say, the more money we pour into Africa the BIGGER the problem gets.

Sponsored Links
Back