And the winner is?

Which I answered

This was then questioned

Which I answered

Confirmation:
"The shift back to the City was helped by the return of Swiss share trading in London…..".
Can I respectfully suggest that you check to see who I was responding to, before you try to justify your responses.
upload_2021-7-4_12-11-54.png

I respectfully suggest, because it is an easy mistake to make, and I have made it myself, only recently.

Sponsored Links
I respectfully suggest, because it is an easy mistake to make

No mistake at all.
I notice you are always commenting on and challenging transam posts when he's not talking directly to you so why the problem with me chipping in when you post in reply to someone else? If you expect a private conversation with a member on here, no need to post publicly, there is the ability to do so and I suggest you use it.

1E3AB59F-27B4-4BA3-BE06-B5F249000130.jpeg

Last edited:
No mistake at all.
I notice you are always commenting on and challenging transam posts when he's not talking directly to you so why the problem with me chipping in when you post in reply to someone else? If you expect a private conversation with a member on here, no need to post publicly, there is the ability to do so and I suggest you use it.

View attachment 238253
The foremost issue is that when someone posts in a public forum, but I disagree with their attitude, or their opinion, or I think they are incorrect, it's important to publicly make my opinion heard, or to publicly correct them.
That applies when transam is promoting his racist agenda, or when you are mistaken in your response, or when mitch66 is having comprehension difficulties.
There is absolutely no problem with you chipping in. But when you quote my comment in your response, it appears that you are not just chipping, but you are contradicting or opposing my opinion. You were wrong to do so because it was not your comment that was proved to be incorrect, it was mitch66's comment that was proved to be incorrect and out of place.
Therefore, if you wanted to chip in, you should have defended mitch66's comment, not incorrectly corrected mine, as though I had been referring to your post.
You do remember you not only referred to my post, you also referred to your own comments as if to prove that my comment was misplaced?
upload_2021-7-4_12-39-49.png

Sponsored Links
And the winner is?
LONDON.(y)
To be pedantic, the winner is not declared until the end of the race, competition or whatever.
So pragmatically speaking, London has narrowly regained the lead, for now. And it took five months o do so.
Also bearing in mind that June is an important month for many company dividends to be paid, which are frequently used to buy shares.

What is more important, but nearly lost in the detail, is that it only managed to narrowly regain the lead by including the Swiss financial data.
:
"The shift back to the City was helped by the return of Swiss share trading in London…..".
And Zurich, of course were the tenth largest financial world centre on their own account.
So the devil is in the detail.

To be pedantic, the winner is not declared until the end of the race, competition or whatever.
So pragmatically speaking, London has narrowly regained the lead, for now. And it took five months o do so.
Also bearing in mind that June is an important month for many company dividends to be paid, which are frequently used to buy shares.

What is more important, but nearly lost in the detail, is that it only managed to narrowly regain the lead by including the Swiss financial data.

And Zurich, of course were the tenth largest financial world centre on their own account.
So the devil is in the detail.

Yes but we won though, didn't we.

To be pedantic, the winner is not declared until the end of the race
Then perhaps that should have been you first and only reply to Ellal in this thread in response to the thread title.

BTW, when do you think the race will end between the EU and the UK because if that’s not over, perhaps you can tell yourself and all the other bad news bears and doomsayers.

Last edited:
From the Torygraph...
"Amsterdam has overtaken London

Then perhaps that should have been you first and only reply to Ellal in this thread in response to the thread title.
Because it would not have been an appropriate response to Elall to point out that winners can only be declared at the end. :rolleyes:
Elall quite rightly pointed out that Amsterdam was at that time in the lead.

Because it would not have been an appropriate response to Elall to point out that winners can only be declared at the end. :rolleyes:
Elall quite rightly pointed out that Amsterdam was at that time in the lead.
Then perhaps, being the pedant you claim to be, you should have pointed out the error in Ellals choice of words for the question asked in the thread title.

It's wonderful to see that London is now trading about the same as Amsterdam

Not so wonderful when you reflect that prior to Brexit it used to trade vastly more.

Sponsored Links
Back