Angle grinding window sill Flush?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello forum,

I've extended a brick shed, the side wall of the original shed which has a window is now the inside wall of the new extension. I would like to place a workbench up flush against this wall but the window sill prevents this.

Can I angle grind off the protruding part of the sill - 5cm ?

Or is there rebar in the sill which would be problematic. It sounds like a very small space gain but the space is really limited and this would make the workbench fit snugly rather than out from the wall.

All info / advice appreciated.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Normally the sill will only protrude over the wall by about 25-50mm, usually to form drip prevention.
It is unlikely that reinforcement will so close to the exposed surface of a concrete sill. If the sill is stone there will be no reinforcement in it.

You would be very unlucky to hit rebar, but if you did it is only thin so an angle grinder will still cut straight through it.

Don't forget to leave the door open..... dusty work!! All other PPE to be worn of course :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back