angle trowel when to use

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Havin probs, when the right time to use the internal corner trowel .
If i use when just set up ready for final flatten, i tend to end up with tram lines from float edge , and when ready for a polish it dose not give me a nice joint.

Cheers
Jack'o

Sponsored Links
Is it a new corner trowel? sometimes they lack 'spring' until they're worn in a bit. Just do what I do and try to avoid wet on wet walls :eek:

a fairly new marshalltown although this is totally rigid type it will never spring.

Mines a Marshalltown too, tho' rather an old one now. Has yours got 'pre worn' edges? A while ago I got a new corner trowel but I just couldn't get on with it, it didn't have enough spring for me. When I was taught I always used one with lots of spring, old habits I s'pose

Sponsored Links
I have never used one.

just use your finishing trowel and your trusty 3" paint brush.

It is more difficult if you are trying to form a good crisp finish on 2 wet walls but the more you practice the easier it becomes.

It is very difficult trying to finish an internal corner with 2 wet walls. The only tool that I use in this situation is a Tyzack "twitcher". I've had it for years and it works every time.I never worry much about the wet corner until last, when I put small amounts of plaster on the twitcher, and run it from top to bottom on both sides of the angle, and work it in. But as Diyisfree says, you will have to practice..... and yes, a small soft paint brush used carefully down the corner works ok too, as long as you don't leave the marks of the brush in the plaster after it has set. Keep going into the corner as far as you can with your finishing trowel to remove the brush marks. Practice really is the word.... and a Tyzack Twitcher? around £20 to £25.00 ... at least. Worth every penny, Honest. ;)

Roughcaster.

I have never used a twitcher.

I have often heard people talking about them and to be honest I once picked one up and almost bought it (marshaltown one) but i looked at it and thought " I'll never use it" so i put it back on the shelf.

Out of interest, has anyone been to stacks at Manchester ? I have never seen so many trowels on the shelves. They even sell new grips for them marshaltown)

Sorry mods if i have broken any rules regarding advertising.

I use MT twitchers, they need a bit of breaking in, but work fine.

I pull my angles every time (1st coat, 2nd coat, each trowel apart from last rub unless I hurt the angle).

Personally ,I never finish a wet angle with a brush, I like a crisp sharp angle.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back