Angled Bay Windows & 50mm Wooden Blinds

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Evening all. Hoping someone can advise. I want to hang some 50mm wooden blinds in this bay window. There is no recess to allow me to fix above so it's more of an exact fit.

The below pic shows the full bay. Ideally id like to keep the wooden frame/surround feature around the UPVC windows.

O3M4vJm.jpg

Now the issue question I have in relation to the below image. Is there such a bracket that would allow me to screw into the UPVC frame on the bottom blue lines that would come out far enough to clear the handles of the left window? Brackets need to clear around 70mm OR is my only option to face fix the brackets to the wooden frame that would be the top blue line? This would allow clearance for the window handles, but I would be loosing the feature of the frame.

PHQ7LhM.jpg

Ive looked at the blinds via various suppliers and can only see the blinds coming with the standard box fittings as below. Any advice appreciated. Thanks

SmhWC4k.jpg

Sponsored Links
The brackets shown can be screwed through vertically or horizontally. It really depends if they will sit flush on the sections you have highlighted in blue.
Failing that can you glue a batten either to the frame or to the ceiling above it?
That should give you a nice flush surface to work from

The brackets shown can be screwed through vertically or horizontally. It really depends if they will sit flush on the sections you have highlighted in blue.
Failing that can you glue a batten either to the frame or to the ceiling above it?
That should give you a nice flush surface to work from
Thanks for the reply. The bottom blue lines would be flush onto the UPVC, but the fittings (based on blinds ive fitted before) wouldnt come out far enough to clear the window handles on the left window, rest would be ok. Are there any other fittings that would extend out from this. Like an arm type bracket rather than the ones ive pictured.

The top blue line - I could probably only screw one screw into each fixing as the flush part is only around 15mm.

Likely scenario is to fix a batten around the top, but id then still be loosing the window frame feature :(

Its difficult to tell but can a batten not be fitted above the window frame feature? You wouldn’t see much of it anyway as when the blind is drawn up it will dangle over the upper frame above the window.

i am not aware of alternative brackets unfortunately. You could possibly use a wooden spacer to step them clear of the handles though?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back