Angles

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hiya, I am a novice lady diyer, and although i installed my second hand kitchen, i had really problems cutting the kick boards on the correct angles at the ends. Any goods tips, i only have a hand saw and jigsaw. Cheers

Sponsored Links
images

images

and don't rush, take your time when cutting

Thermo said:
Which ends are you trying to cut?
It was say for example the front boards right hand side on an angle to them meet with the side kick board on the angle. What is the name of the tool (not the pencil!) that someone has sent in above and still need explaination of how to work out the angles. many thanks :confused:

Sponsored Links
doyouknowwhatitisyet said:
It was say for example the front boards right hand side on an angle to them meet with the side kick board on the angle. What is the name of the tool (not the pencil!) that someone has sent in above and still need explaination of how to work out the angles. many thanks :confused:
Surely your angles are just 45 degrees in which case a mitre square:

squaremitre.gif

as opposed to the sliding bevel would be the appropriate tool. And to cut it I'd suggest a tenon saw with a mitre box:

9099.jpg

APOWERLARGE10266_3614.jpg

Scrit

Scrit said:

APOWERLARGE10266_3614.jpg

Thanks everyone, got the gist, think i will have to get a sliding bevel (cheers for the name) as i am now going to try making fitting wardrobes and none of the walls in my house are straight!
happy new year

i had really problems cutting the kick boards on the correct angles at the ends.
Do you mean the plinth?

Is it the external mitre?

You might find it easier to square butt then use iron on edging strip. It's not easy to do external mitre although it's not impossible.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back