Anglican bishop

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
he praised the Taliban( means student's),

will he have to quit his job or just apologise???

is he a nutter?

Sponsored Links
hey, she did well, for a woman to get past security that tight and still get her man,

she grabbed him by the nether region by the looks of that vid, that must'v been painfull.

or do popes not have that sort of pain?

He presides over one of the nastiest, coldest and hypocritical branches of the christian faith, and is an ex member of the hitler youth movement (in spite of his protestations, some of the things he has said would have made the fuhrer wince).

And yet, she is the crazy one who is having psychiatric assessments.

The Lord indeed does move in mysterious ways :eek:

Sponsored Links
catholic is one of the biggest branches of christians or am i wrong?
You are correct. It preaches through hell, fear, guilt and damnation. It accumulates wealth of an order that no ordinary person can imagine in magnitude, and yet people starve and freeze to death around the world.

It is the very antithesis of what their religious icon, whose birth was celebrated yesterday, represents. Of all the things which the big JC talked a lot about, it singularly fails to forgive anyone who even hints at dissent and is happy to cast them out into the cold. And yet, ironically, it blatantly protects it's paedophillic members and representatives without so much as a red face, and with no help nor support for the victims.

but other than that, what did the christians ever do for us? :rolleyes:

the same woman did the same thing last year, think they'd look out for her next year?

as for the catholic faithful, wonder how many join just for the flagellation?

making huge amounts of money out of the poor by "hell, fear, guilt and damnation" is nothing new, look at our banking system!

He presides over one of the nastiest, coldest and hypocritical branches of the christian faith, and is an ex member of the hitler youth movement (in spite of his protestations, some of the things he has said would have made the fuhrer wince).

And yet, she is the crazy one who is having psychiatric assessments.

The Lord indeed does move in mysterious ways :eek: .......

It preaches through hell, fear, guilt and damnation. It accumulates wealth of an order that no ordinary person can imagine in magnitude, and yet people starve and freeze to death around the world.

It is the very antithesis of what their religious icon, whose birth was celebrated yesterday, represents. Of all the things which the big JC talked a lot about, it singularly fails to forgive anyone who even hints at dissent and is happy to cast them out into the cold. And yet, ironically, it blatantly protects it's paedophillic members and representatives without so much as a red face, and with no help nor support for the victims.
I'm a catholic Dex so I suppose I come under all that do I? Would you like to give evidence of ALL those points or is it just your belief? It's a strange thing 'belief'!

You are correct. It preaches through hell, fear, guilt and damnation. It accumulates wealth of an order that no ordinary person can imagine in magnitude, and yet people starve and freeze to death around the world.

wow, so i might say you not a fan of their beliefs then.

i take it you're protestant?

Blah, blah, blah. :rolleyes:

I was brought up a catholic, went to a catholic school, even considered becoming a priest for a while; and so I have a reasonable grounding in the way it thinks and operates. Took me a long time to realise what their game was all about, but luckily I recovered from the illness of catholicism and can see the institution and its techniques as the sham it really is.

I could quite easily exemplify every point that I made, several times over, (I didn't walk away from catholicism lightly without considerable thought and weighing up the evidence). However, I can't be a rsed. I've made the break and have "seen the light" - it's up to you to make your own minds up based on the evidence.

Well 'based on the evidence' I think I will make my own mind up.

For you information dex I ain't been to church in donkeys years. I ain't been very interested in religion full stop BUT, what I don't want to see in ANY walk of life is some nutcase trying drag some old bloke to the floor. It ain't no secret on here of me being a Catholic and it ain't no secret that I deal with bullies in 'perhaps' the wrong way but that's a 'fault' in my makeup and I cannot/will not change it. So, seeing an idiot dive out at an old bloke and drag him to the floor kinda gets my hackles going.... you catching my drift?

I couldn't give a chuff what this is about but YOU made it 'religious' and I see that as 'having a go'. 'Having a go', as I have alluded to above, is something I struggle with.

I'm gonna shut my face now otherwise the Mods will close the thread.

Well 'based on the evidence' I think I will make my own mind up.
As indeed have I, quite clearly, and come to my reasoned and evidence-based conclusions

I deal with bullies in 'perhaps' the wrong way but that's a 'fault' in my makeup and I cannot/will not change it. So, seeing an idiot dive out at an old bloke and drag him to the floor kinda gets my hackles going.... you catching my drift?
We have yet to ascertain why her hackles had been got going to act in the way she did. It may be the case that something he, or his representatives did, got her as upset as you are getting now. Who knows, maybe one of her family was abused by a member of the clergy, and covered up in the time honoured fashion so prevalent.

I couldn't give a chuff what this is about but YOU made it 'religious'
the thread has a religious basis, in particular a comment made by a religious "professional". My comments, although not specific to the op's opener, are related in the context of a view of another religious "leader" (in particular the infallable one) , and the institution that he leads and oversees

and I see that as 'having a go'. 'Having a go', as I have alluded to above, is something I struggle with.

I'm gonna shut my face now otherwise the Mods will close the thread.
Your clear irritation is, perhaps, understandable, and one which I regret. I am not attacking individuals, but the history and dogma that the Catholic Church represents and practices.

Sponsored Links
Back