Animated gifs, aren't (Edited - Found the prob - it's DIYno.

Reaction score
Country
Cook Islands
Edited: I have found that the animations do not work for pictures stored in the DIYnot photo album, but do on photobucket, so it probably isn't a fault on my PC. Must be a limitation of DIYnot

So I think this is solved.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have been tinkering with my start-up prgrams, and notice that, on IE, animated .gifs are not now working. I am also getting the red cross for pictures on some websites, haven't yet worked out the pattern. I can see this one
LogoPicture1.jpg

For example this should show the zzzzs coming from the sleeper. Does it work for you?
1) on DIYnot site View media item 1254
2) on photobucket
bed.gif

I have looked at IE tools\options\advanced and I have "play animations in webpages" ticked (I had not unticked it). I thought there was an option for animated .gifs but I can't find it.

I have just had a look at .msconfig to see if I have turned off anything that might be required, nothing jumps out at me.

I have not knowingly changed any security or other settings. I have removed some Itunes stuff.

Any suggestions?

Sponsored Links
John,
Open IE and Tools -> Options -> General Tab
In Browsing History box click delete.
In the next window - Temp Internet Files click delete -> Close -> OK.

In Tools -> Internet Options -> Advanced tab scroll down to Jave (Sun)
Ensure it is ticke for Use JRE 1.6.0

dave
By the way, the second gif was showing Zzzz s

The red X s could be that the site with the picture is either busy, down or has taken the picture off. The pictures showing on some web pages are from a different server to the written word and are layered onto the display page. That could explain why some show but others don't.

thanks

History and Temp files already cleaned out, but I will have a look at Java
edited: it says Use JRE 1.6.0_0.5 which I presume is the latest version?

the second "man in bed" is hosted on Photobucket, I can see the zzzzs on it. the first one is hosted on DIYnot, and I think the file might be compressed, limited or something which prevents the animation. I saved the same picture to both.

Not knocking the ZZZ's out but I need an early night:

bedtime.gif

edit: Well the movement works OK via photobucket so your discovery is right. You can upload pictures but not the gif movement to DIYnot.

Sponsored Links
I just keep an eye out and if I see one I like I save it as a .gif or as a favorite

Another forum I used to use a lot has many.

some are on
http://www.clicksmilies.com/

beware of websites trying to download progs, trojans, adware etc

Sponsored Links
Back