ANOTHER conservatory question! 2 glass walls

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Sorry fpr keep posting all these conservatory questions, but I wouldn't mind getting it sorted soon!

Basically, yesterday, a man came round to giv e me a quote. He said that the best thing to do would be to have aGeorgian conservatory, but have one of the walls bricked up, with a layer of frosted glass windows at the top (this wall backs on to a garden wall, so the view isn't spectacular! This would mean that only twqo of the conservatory walls, and the roof, would be transparent.

So I called all the companies who had given me quotes for other conservatories. Their quotes came back about £1000 DEARER! Hang on, I'm saving your materials, shouldnt it work out cheaper?

Anyway, I have seen this conservatory http://www.easyframeconservatories.co.uk/edwardianprices.shtml I have looked on Company's House, and this company appear to have been going since 1993, meaning they don't change every 2 minutes to stop people claiming from their guarantees.

QUESTIONS:
What I would like to know is - (1) Does this company seem good to you? (Their prices do!), and (2) How difficult would it be to buy the Dwarf Wall Edwardian COnservatory, and then build one of the walls 'solid' (brick) with a row of windows on the top? Or is it better to get a bespoke one (for about £3000 more than this one?)

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back