Another HIve instalation....

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Right.

So. Managed to get a Hive thermostat dirty cheap on carboot sale. Looks new. Did all internet bits. Boiler is Independent 30. So u can hear clics whenever u turn it on/off. Had a simple 2 wires termostat before. Did loads of tries. Blue goes to number 1 brown to 3 etc. Linked tried a lot but now give up. Check the pic please. Some ideas ? Does it have to be connected to the boiler on same power cable ? (Tried and cried)

Attachments

• 2C118375-A5FA-47CD-80E0-56ED84F8BCE4.jpeg
    2C118375-A5FA-47CD-80E0-56ED84F8BCE4.jpeg
    184.4 KB · Views: 313
  • 42EEDAD0-DEE5-4764-B5DC-2C8BAC7AF83A.jpeg
    42EEDAD0-DEE5-4764-B5DC-2C8BAC7AF83A.jpeg
    166 KB · Views: 313
  • 7F7F35D6-C7DF-40CD-8A27-F35065B9A95B.jpeg
    7F7F35D6-C7DF-40CD-8A27-F35065B9A95B.jpeg
    183.9 KB · Views: 284
Sponsored Links
Who is going to retest your boiler after removing the safety critical combustion cover to get to the wiring?

I believe this post is to help not to disturb. I have seen loads of your posts. Haters gona hate. If you can’t help do not post as anyone can ask same question. Who is going to ? Not u.

If combustion cover is removed for any reason then these critical safety checks MUST be done by a competent person.
See points under general....
D0CF8F0C-6A8D-4CF7-883B-99F3F695C495.png

Sponsored Links
So , I do understand all these guys. But is it not simple and polite to say .... “make sure to find someone to do all checks”? This forum is to help. And I like next post with a whole explanation. That is a class I have to admitt. And I will have to find someone to do this check for me. Now because I don’t have a boiler I love to hear is it something I can do to get this Hive fitted ?? Thank tou

You need to have the correct Hive for your type of heating/hot water.
The Reciver is dedicated to the home owner and comes with a scratch card number to allow set-up.
This is because personnel information is routed via the Hive Receiver. If the Reciver you have has been used you will need a new unused one ( about £50 )..that's my understanding

Hello

It has not been used.managed to register that and spoke to support as well.
Problem is the wiring( I believe)
As mentioned Can turn the thermostad on/off App shows that burner works but it’s not. I did separate L N from socked and plugged in blue brown wire from the old termostat to 1 and 3. No luck.

There is quite a lot to read about fitting the Hive as a DIYer. Do have a Google. One thing that might help is if you are not going to remove the old room stat, then try turning it up to its Max and leave it at Max, now try controlling the boiler via your new Hive. This might be the answer to your problem.

As mentioned before old one gone now.
The only wires I have in the room is blue and brown. I can fit it in the garage next to the boiler. I did that in the matter of fact. Wired and plugged the brown and blue from old thermostat. See pic. I did try all possible combinations from this forum. There is no timmer. The only issue is that regardless how I do wires that Hive does not turn on/off my boiler but I see green light comming on and off

I'm sorry, I can't add anything more that could help you.
All the best.

Ok .... so as mentioned bought it from carboot.:censored: And exited started with it.
Downloaded manual Today and .. this is Dual Hive. I love to connect it. I had a go. Used L2 and L4. ( brown 2 blue 4) Other user suggested L4 only and link Live with L1 Another one same link with L3 :eek:. No luck. Still same issue. What I noticed therefore that both wires ( old thermostat blue and brown) are live !!:evil: So not sure now if all these tries not messed up with boiler ?? Any suggestions please ?

Me again.
So it's a duel channel hive and not a single.
Yours is to control your hot water heating and your central heating independently .
So what is your system, Y or S?
Have a look near the hot water cylinder and see what type of controlling valves you can see.
Might be good to take a couple of pics of the cylinder and its valves you see.

This is a combi boiler.
Hive is a duel one.
Wiring of the combi as per pictures.
Thank you

It could be possible, I say could, but not as easy.
Don't just try moving the wires about, you could do damage to the boilers pcb.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back